Wondering where are the best scuba diving destinations in the world?
Let me help you to find your next scuba diving adventure thanks to my World Dive Map.
It features 150 of the best places to scuba dive in the world, in warm like cold waters, from the Caribbean to the South Pacific, and from Iceland to Patagonia.
10 years of travelling throughout every continent and thousands of hours of research are here summarised for you. I hope my World Dive Map will help you identify new destinations you haven’t thought about yet.
Please note that any destination promoting feeding or baited dives have been removed from this list, let’s promote together responsible diving tourism!
Colour code :
- light blue : destinations I visited & published an article about
- dark blue : destinations I visited
- red : next destinations scheduled
- green : still on the bucket-list
Guides to the best diving in the world, region by region
In addition to my World Dive Map, if you want to explore the best scuba diving destinations region by region, I recommend reading the following pages:
- Europe: From Spain to Greece, the Mediterranean Sea in Southern Europe is a long-time favourite in the summer for European divers. However, experienced divers know the cold waters of Northern Europe can be dived all year-long with a drysuit to explore historic shipwrecks or surprising cold-water marine life such as the seals or the basking sharks. Discover where is the Best diving in Europe.
- Asia-Pacific: The Asia-Pacific region might be the number one regions for scuba divers all over the world. With a combination of impressive coral reefs, pelagic action and affordable cost, South-East Asia especially became the go-to destinations for beginners divers. The Pacific region has some even more exciting promises but the cost is much higher so it usually a favourite among experienced divers only. Discover where is the Best diving in Asia & the Pacific.
- Americas & the Caribbean: While the Caribbean Islands are well known for tropical holidays by American like European scuba divers, the American continent is also full of incredible scuba diving adventures in warm like colder waters. Discover where is the Best diving in the Americas & the Caribbean.
- Africa & Middle-East: Egypt is the number one destinations for European scuba divers thanks to its warm waters and affordable costs. However, the African continent boasts incredible dive sites especially in the Indian Ocean on its southeastern coast.
The most popular places to scuba dive in Africa and the Middle-East are Egypt, the Canary Islands and Madagascar.
PIN IT FOR LATER